COVID-19 & Home Inspections
The last few weeks have brought us news we certainly didn’t expect and unprecedented actions with regard to public health and safety. At Home Inspection Professionals, we are committed to the safety of our clients, our staff and ultimately the homes that we inspect and all those that may live there. Here’s what we’re doing to put health and safety first:
- Frequent Hand Washing: multiple times during the inspection, especially after touching things like faucets and door handles.
- Bring hand towels or paper towels for drying our hands.
- If available, we’ll keep hand sanitizer nearby and use it when needed.
- If available, use disinfectant wipes or the equivalent on faucets and door handles.
- We will not shake hands or bump fists.
- We will avoid touching our faces.
- If requested by the seller, our inspector will wear a mask during the inspection.
- If any of our inspectors have a fever, cough, or other signs of illness, they will remove themselves from the schedule and your inspection will either be assigned to another team member or rescheduled with proper notice.
We will also ask that our clients do not touch anything in the home, and if they are showing any signs of illness, request that they not attend.
- We’re also asking that attendance at the home inspection be limited to the client and the real estate agent to allow for suggested social distancing.
With schools closing and kids being left home alone, it’s also important to note that our policy is, and always has been, that we will not enter a home with minors present unless a second adult is present.
We realize that this situation is changing daily and we will continue to keep the best practices in place and follow the recommendations of the health care professionals to protect everyone involved in the inspection process.
For more information or questions regarding our procedures, please feel free to contact the office at (586) 443-5042 or (877) HIP-3200. We’re happy to help!